The second most important decision you will ever make is who you choose to marry. This 8-session DVD, based on Gary Thomas’ book, The Sacred Search, is designed to help you make a spectacular, God-honoring choice. Explore with Gary why it’s so important to know the why of marriage before you can even begin to know the who of marriage; gain practical advice for building a relationship with eternal purposes. This DVD also includes study questions designed to facilitate group discussion, interaction, and practical application. Together you’ll look at:
- Why you should never marry for mercy
- Whether you should wait for God to bring you a spouse, or whether He calls you to actively pursue a wise marriage
- The wonder of sex within marriage, and why it is so destructive prior to marriage
- Why you don’t want what you think you want in your choice of a mate
- Why the myth of “the one” is so destructive, and what the biblical alternative is
- What practical skills and relational strengths should someone possess before you agree to marry them?
It is not necessary that The Sacred Search book be read when using the Sacred Search Study Resource DVD. However, it would be helpful for the leader to have read this additional information and to make the chapter suggestions available to those who would like to do further study.
1. Making a Wise Marital Choice: The Gift That Keeps On Giving (32:03 minutes)
2. The Myth of the One (21:07 minutes)
3. Driving a Punto: Passive Surrender or Passionate Pursuit (23:29 minutes)
4. What Do You Mean by “Married”? (24:53 minutes)
5. Why You Don’t Want What You Think You Want (30:02 minutes)
6. Why You Need to Think about What You Don’t Know (26:52 minutes)
7. Sex and the Neurochemical War (22:03 minutes)
8. Mercy Marriages (19:22 minutes)