What if God designed marriage to make us holy more than to make us happy?
Over 500,000 copies sold!
Scores of books have been written that offer guidance for building the marriage of your dreams. Yet, what if God’s primary intent for your marriage isn’t to make you happy . . . but holy? And, what if your relationship isn’t as much about you and your spouse as it is about you and God? In this popular bestselling book, Gary Thomas uncovers how your marriage can become a doorway to a closer walk with God and each other. You will learn how to:
- Turn marital struggles into spiritual and personal appreciation.
- Love your spouse with a stronger sense of purpose.
- Partner in the spiritual growth and character formation of your spouse.
- Transform a “tired” marriage into a relationship filled with awe and respect.
“How I wish that Sacred Marriage had been in print when Rick and I got married! I enthusiastically recommend it to couples contemplating, or who have already entered into, marriage, the most powerful tool God has for molding and shaping us into the image of his Son.”
– Kay Warren, Teacher and speaker
“A classic! Sacred Marriage lifts the first institution God created back to its noble stature. Every person contemplating marriage and every married couple should read this book.”
– Dr. Dennis Rainey, president of Family Life
“Sacred Marriage is one of the best marriage books we’ve ever read–it’s a classic. Every couple who prizes their faith and their relationship needs to read this incredible book.”
– Drs. Les and Leslie Parrot, authors of Saving Your Marriage Before It Starts
“Sacred Marriage has inspired many to consider that marriage is more about holiness than happiness. May millions more in generations to come embrace this life-giving message!”
– Dr. Juli Slattery, clinical psychologist and president of Authentic Intimacy
“The heart of this book will speak to every person who wants to see God alive and at work in their marriage.”
– Kevin G. Harney, author of Empowered by His Presence and the Organic Outreach
“I have personally been blessed and helped by the words of this book that will breathe hope in any relationship.”
– Gregory Jantz, PhD, founder of The Center: A Place of Hope