Why do Christians feel so bad about feeling good?
Is your Christian walk characterized more by guilt and sacrifice, rather than pleasure and freedom? Does the abundant life that Jesus promised seem like an unrealistic ideal? Gary Thomas asserts that pleasure is a powerful force designed to feed our relationships, help protect our spiritual integrity, and bring delight to our heavenly Father. Pleasure isn’t something Christians should fear or avoid. Instead, it’s something we should learn to cultivate in our lives. In this liberating book, Gary will equip you to:
- Enjoy God with a new sense of freedom and delight.
- Overcome temptation by replacing counterfeit diversions with true pleasure.
- Feel the excitement of bringing joy to your family and friends.
- Discover and enjoy new activities that renew your soul.
- Experience a deeper awareness of God’s goodness in your life.
“Gary Thomas writes for all of us who sometimes feel guilty about the good things God does for us. In Pure Pleasure, he helps us understand that the abundant life Jesus promised is a better life than we could ever have imagined. And here is the good news: it is not life after death, but life after birth!”
– Dr. David Jeremiah, Senior pastor,Shadow Mountain Community Church, El Cajon, CA
“If Gary Thomas writes a book, you need to read it. It’s as simple as that. He has amazing insights into spiritual truths and is able to make those truths graspable for all audiences. In Pure Pleasure, Gary reminds us it is okay for Christians to feel good.”
– Dr. Ed Young, Senior pastor, Second Baptist Church, Houston, TX
“Gary’s book is unlike anything I have ever read. He has stumbled on a hidden treasure of truth that will no doubt set many Christians free to experience God’s richest blessings. Pure Pleasure is a ground-breaking book that I would recommend to any Christian who desires to know more fully the heart of God.”
Dr. Juli Slattery, Focus on the Family, Colorado Springs, CO