What If Holiness Is about More Than What We Don’t Do?
Previously Released in hardback as The Beautiful Fight
True Christian faith is a profoundly transformational experience in which every part of our being is marked by God’s change and energized by his presence. This transformation takes us far beyond mere sin avoidance to a robust “full-bodied” holiness in which we make ourselves “holy available” to God every minute of the day. From Starbucks, to the office, to the soccer fields, to the boardroom, believers have the opportunity to carry the presence of Christ wherever they go. In Holy Available, Gary Thomas will help you experience:
- A rekindled sense of meaning to God regardless of your phase of life.
- Boosted excitement in the midst of daily life.
- Increased appreciation for the spiritual purpose of your physical body.
- Enhanced discernment to notice God’s activity during monotonous periods.
“The first chapter alone is worth reading many times. This is beauty and struggle. This is the death that leads to life.”
– John Ortberg, Bestselling author and teaching pastor, Menlo Park Presbyterian Church, Menlo Park, CA
“Set this book down…slowly…turn around…and run away – unless you hunger for a deeper vision of faith and thirst for genuine life transformation. If you do, read on.”
– Kevin HarneyPastor and author of Seismic Shifts