Gary Thomas is a bestselling author and international speaker whose ministry brings people closer to Christ and closer to others. He unites the study of Scripture, church history, and the Christian classics to foster spiritual growth and deeper relationships within the Christian community. His unique message is designed to help you:
- Embrace the unique way that you interact with God.
- Partner in the spiritual growth and character formation of your spouse.
- Build a closer, grace-based family.
- Enjoy God with a new sense of freedom and delight.
Gary’s books have been translated into more than a dozen languages and won numerous awards. His writings have established him as a thought-leader in the areas of marriage, parenting, and spiritual formation. His titles include the following:
- Authentic Faith (Winner of the 2003 Gold Medallion Award)
- Devotions for a Sacred Marriage (Gold Medallion Award finalist)
- Devotions for Sacred Parenting
- Every Body Matters
- Holy Available (formerly Beautiful Fight)
- Lifelong Love
- Pure Pleasure
- Loving Him Well (formerly Sacred Influence)
- Sacred Marriage (Over 500,000 copies sold)
- Sacred Parenting
- Sacred Pathways (World Magazine’s Top 10 book of 1996)
- Sacred Search
- 9 Must Have Conversations for a Doubt Free Wedding Day (formerly The Couple’s Conversation Guide)
- The Glorious Pursuit
- Thirsting for God (formerly Seeking the Face of God)
Church leaders and pastors appreciate Gary’s ability to challenge and encourage the spiritual depth of an audience. He has spoken at conferences, retreats, and college campuses in 49 states and eight countries, including appearances at the Focus on the Family National Marriage Simulcast, the Gaithers’ Praise Gathering, and several National Pastor’s Conventions. Gary has also brought thousands of married couples closer together through his popular Sacred Marriage seminars. As a prolific writer, Gary has had over 150 articles published in major magazines, such as Christianity Today, Decision, Moody, Marriage Partnership, New Man, World, Charisma, Boundless.org and Discipleship Journal. His message has also been featured on national radio and television programs, such as Family Life Today and Focus on the Family. Gary is a lifelong advocate of using the Christian classics to bring people closer to Christ. His formal education includes graduating with a Bachelor of Arts degree in English literature from Western Washington University. In addition, he holds a Master’s degree with a concentration in systematic theology from Regent College in Vancouver, B.C., where he studied under Dr. J.I. Packer. In 2006, he was awarded an honorary Doctor of Divinity degree from Western Seminary in Portland, Oregon. Gary is an avid runner who has completed eleven marathons, including Boston three times. He is married, has three children, and lives in Houston, TX where he is a Writer in Residence at Second Baptist Church. Gary Thomas – Bringing people closer to Christ and closer to others.